Case Management services consist of coordination, community links, support and advocacy. We strive to provide collaborative, inclusive and individualized services to children, youth and their families.
A Case Manager will assist/provide you with the following:
- Functional assessment to identify child’s strengths and areas of need;
- Developmental screening, evaluation of strategies and hands-on, play-based activities in the child’s natural learning environment;
- Interventions to promote attachment;
- Education about typical and atypical child development;
- Access to specialized funding, linkages to community resources and meetings with service providers and information about additional resources, supports and other professional or alternative services;
- Advocacy in working with health, education, social and community services;
- Life transition planning (i.e. daycare, school, adult services);
- Infant and Child Development Services which can include consultations, individualized program plan, coaching and modelling.
Your relationship with your Case Manager is voluntary. Services are family and child-centered with active participation in all decisions.
The child must meet the following criteria to be eligible for Case Management services:
- For children 0-18 with an intellectual/developmental disability.
- For children 0-school age entry whose development may be affected by psychosocial or environmental factors if those factors are combined with other developmental concerns posing a risk for an intellectual/developmental disability.
*Children school-age entry to 18 diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder must also have an Intellectual Disability diagnosis to qualify for Case Management Services.
If your child meets the above criteria, please fill out one of the following two referral forms:
When submitting your referral form, please attach any of the following documents:
- Psychological assessment
- Hospital and/or physician reports
- School reports
- Two (2) documents with proof of address
Please send your referral form and attachments by email to email@example.com or by fax to 613-937-4550.
If you have any questions regarding the referral process, please call 613-937-3072 extension 233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.